Book a Family Ski Vacation
Explore All-Ages Fun on the Canadian Slopes
Destination: Whistler, Canada
The perfect family ski vacation destination!
|Activities Staff On-site|
|Babysitting Services On-site||X|
|Babysitting Services Nearby|
|Children's Wading Pool|
|Cribs (available upon request)||X|
|On-site Movie Rentals|
|In Room Washer/Dryer|
*In Select Rooms
Whistler offers an abundance of things to do all year long! Ski or snowboard the freshest powder in the wintertime and in summer go extreme by riding one of many thrill seeking mountain bike trails at one of N. America’s largest bike parks. Check out these other adventurous activities Whistler has to offer all year-round:
- World-class rock climbing
- Take a dog sled tour
- Enjoy Whistler’s Junior Golf Program, where kids play free
- Ride a high-speed chair lift
- Hike Garibaldi Provincial Park
- Shop Whistler Village
- Ski up to your room
- Dine at a range of casual and fine dining restaurants in the Whistler Village, just steps away from the resort.
- Whistler Film Festival
- Have lunch at the Gone Bakery
- Mountain bike the infamous Garbanzo Zone
- Enjoy a picnic at Shannon Falls
- Ride a zipline across a river
- Stay up late—the summer sun sets after 10 p.m. daily
Activities in Whistler, BC Canada
Fun family vacations mean go, go, go. Here are a few great ideas and activities to please every member of the family:
- Cougar Mountain Adventures – dog sled tours and more
- Public skating, rock wall climbing, swimming and more at Whistler’s Meadow Park facilities.
- Take a guided glacier tour, all ages all abilities—for the family adventure of a lifetime!
- Go Bungee! Not for the faint of heart.
- Spend the day at the Whistler Museum
- Introduction to the First Nations of the area: The Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre will be a three-story (30,400 square foot) complex on six forested acres. This authentic attraction will celebrate & showcase the histories, creative works, and rich cultures of the local Squamish and Lil’wat Aboriginal people.
- Dine at Dusty’s Bar and BBQ to seek out the vibes and good stories about the original Dusty’s
- The Village of Whistler is a shopper’s paradise. Pedestrian-only walkways and plazas lead you through shops, boutiques, art galleries and theatres.
- Visit Palmers Gallery and Grill—at Whistler Golf Club, voted #1 for service in 2005 golf season.
- Garibaldi Provincial Park – Spend the day hiking and view wildlife in lush alpine meadows. This large wilderness park is located to the east of the Sea to Sky Highway between Squamish and Whistler.
- Family skiing on Blackcomb Mountain with over 100 marked runs for all skill levels
- Fish for Rainbows and Kokanees at Alta Lake near Whistler
- Visit Squamish and nearby Shannon Falls, the third highest waterfall in BC
- Mountain biking for all skill levels: Whistler Mountain Bike Park
- Scavenger Hunt
- Whistler Wintertime Recipes
- Indoor games
- Cook up a delicious Porridge
- Pemberton, Mount Currie & Lillooet Exploration: See a Hot Spring, Check out an Archaeological dig or go on a jet boat tour
- Garibaldi, Squamish, Shannon Falls, Howe Sound: Visit a wild eagle reserve, experience Shannon Falls the 3rd highest waterfall in British Columbia or ride a ferry through Howe Sound
- Cache Creek/Hat Creek Ranch – Caribou Wagon Road: Experience BC's old west or experience a recreated Shuswap Village