Whistler. A Year-Round Playground
|Whistler Mountain Ski/Bike Lifts||Just steps away|
|Blackcomb Mountain Ski Lifts||Just steps away|
|Whistler Village||Just steps away|
|Whistler Museum||< 5 min|
|Whistler Farmers' Market (seasonal)||< 5 min|
|Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club Shuttle||< 5 min|
|Whistler Golf Club||< 5 min|
|Whistler Air Scenic Tours & Shuttle Service||< 15 min drive|
|Nicklaus North Gold Course||< 15 min drive|
|Garibaldi Provincial Park||< 30 min drive|
|Lost Lake Park - Cross Country Trails||< 15 min|
|Big Sky Golf & Country Club||< 45 min drive|
|Ziptrek EcoTours||Just steps away|
|Whistler Mountain Bike Park Lifts||Just steps away|
|Whistler Nordic Center (Ski Jumps & Nordic Events)||< 30 min drive|
|The Chief Climbing Face - Squamish||> 45 min drive|
|Sliding Centre (Bobsledding, Skeleton, & Luge)||> 20 min drive|
|Eagle Viewing||> 45 min drive|
|British Columbia Museum of Mining||> 45 min drive|
One of North America’s premier travel destinations, Whistler is an alpine paradise in the winter and a flourishing playground in the summer. The site of the 2010 Winter Olympics, Whistler is full of continuous excitement. A skier and snowboarder’s dream, a shopper’s delight, an outdoor lover’s home away from home—Whistler has it all.
Mountainside Lodge is only a one-minute walk from Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, two of the best ski mountains in North America. And there is no shortage of things to do in the summer, including hiking, cycling, horseback riding, fishing, and more. And at Mountainside Lodge you’ll be steps away from village shopping, fine dining, and world-class golf. Here are just a few of your choices:
Whistler/ Blackcomb Mountain
Combined, Whistler Mountains & Blackcomb Mountains offers over 8,100 skiable acres. One vertical mile. Two mountains connected by a pedestrian Village. More than 200 trails. Three glaciers. 38 lifts. Twelve alpine bowls. Lifts are located just steps from the resort.
Peak to Peak Gondola
Whistler Blackcomb’s PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola lift will officially open to the public December 12, 2008. This engineering marvel is set to become a new Canadian tourism icon. Spanning the distance between Whistler and Blackcomb it's an eleven-minute journey to infinite possibilities.
Garibaldi Provincial Park
Here you will find a range of hiking opportunities from lush alpine meadows, wildlife viewing opportunities, alpine flowers blooming in lush meadows, and hikes ranging from a few hours to a few days using map and compass.
Whistler Train Station
Lake Placid Road
Phone: (604) 984-5246
A scenic train ride through Whistler's beautiful mountains and valleys.
Whistler BC V0N 1B4
With two vast mountains as a backdrop, Whistler Village is a pedestrian-only place. The village has everything, including shops and boutiques, galleries, pubs, cafés and restaurants.
Experience the exhilaration of flying as you glide along steel ziplines suspended high above the breathtaking white-water river that divides Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains . Ziptrek Ecotours provides a discovery of mountain ecology that combines adventure with environmental education.
- Ski or ride the best downhill slopes in North America. Whistler boasts two thrill seeking and heart pumping mountains- Whistler and Blackcomb.
- Go Bungee Jumping in British Columbia's highest year-round bungee jumping venue, Whistler Bungee! Featuring a 53-metre (160-foot) drop over the glacial-fed Cheakamus River.
- Ride the Peak 2 Peak Gondola lift. This one-of-a kind mountain journey will transport you between Whistler & Blackcomb mountains at 415 metres/1,361 feet, making it the highest lift of its kind. The unsupported lift span also makes it the longest in the world at 3.024 kilometres (1.88 miles).
- Laugh and have fun at Whistler's Tube Park. This fun-filled activity is great for kids and adults of all ages and sizes! The Whistler Tube Park offers 1,000 feet of sliding fun.
- Experience the natural beauty and wildlife of Whistler by taking an Eagle Viewing Tour. Between Late November through March, hundreds of eagles flock the region and you can view them nesting and feeding in their natural habitat.
- For a unique experience, go Dog Sledding through Whistler's snow covered forest. Led by Alaskan Huskies, this once-in-a-lifetime experience is fun for the whole family.
- Take a break from riding or skiing, and enjoy cross-country skiing in Whistler! This enjoyable & affordable winter activity is one of Whistler's best kept secret. With several exciting parks and trials in the area, take your pick of scenic routes through wintry landscapes.
- Jingle all the way through Whistler in a Sleigh Ride. Enjoy a comfortable ride enjoying all the winter beauty that surrounds you.
- Snowshoe through a winter wonderland in Whistler's popular snowshoe trails. Take a guided tour or strap on a snowshoe and take a trail map and experience the wonders of Whistler on your own.
- Make Mountainside Lodge your winter Adventure for your Whistler adventure.
Activities – Fall/Winter
- Cross Country
- Dog Sledding
- Heli SkiingSnowboarding
- Sleigh Riding
- Snowcat Skiing
- Zip Trek
A Top 10 list of Spring, Summer and Fall things-you-must-do at Whistler:
- Mountain bike Whistler’s famed ski slopes, the nearby mountain bike park and gnarly trails on surrounding mountains.
- Order a picnic lunch and ride the gondola up Whistler Mountain for a leisurely hike – and picnic -- on the way down.
- Golf any one of several nearby exceptionally picturesque golf courses designed by the likes of Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Robert Trent Jones, Jr.
- Sign up for a heart-pumping zip line adventure above and through Whistler’s forest canopy.
- Shop ‘til you drop in Whistler Village.
- Fly above Whistler’s famed mountains for a spectacular aerial tour of fjords, glaciers, mountain waterfalls -- in a floatplane that takes off and lands on a nearby lake.
- Catch a few rays and a few zzz’s on the mountain-facing swim deck at Mountainside Lodge.
- Cast a line or drop a hook in Whistler-area streams and lakes.
- Cast aside all abandon (or thoughts of dieting) in Whistler’s gourmet restaurants and legendary nightlife.
- Make Mountainside Lodge your base for Whistler adventure.
- All Terrain Vehicle Tours
- Climbing and Mountaineering
- Horseback Riding
- In-line Skating
- Mini Golf
- White Water Rafting
- Zip Trek
Seasonal Averages for Whistler, B.C.:
|Month||Avg. Low C||Avg. Low F||Avg. High C||Avg. Low F|