Unmatched Among Family Resorts in New Hampshire
Bring the Kids Along for a Ski Excursion
Destination: Francestown, New Hampshire
Travel through picturesque New England and enjoy the scenic wonders that surround. Whether you’re visiting in the winter, fall or summer, the New Hampshire landscape offers an abundance of activities perfect for a fun-filled family vacation.
|Activities Staff On-site|
|Babysitting services nearby|
|Play Yards (available upon request)||X|
|Full Kitchen available||X|
|On-site Movie Rentals||X|
*In Select Rooms
15 Things to Do in Francestown, New Hampshire
Check out our top 15 things to do at our All Season New England resort:
- Ski & ride late at the Midnight Madness run at nearby Crotched Mountain.
- Watch brilliant reds, greens, oranges and yellows on display throughout New England during Fall Foliage.
- Hike Mt. Monadnock. Choose your hiking level from gentle, moderate or dramatic!
- Go to the Mariposa Museum! Enjoy seeing folk art, textiles, costumes, art, puppets, toys and instruments from around the world.
- Head over to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, and relax while your children have fun at supervised daily activities and special events. Pool, hot tub, beach, mini-golf, snack bar, store and more. Water playground, camping, log cabin and day trips.
- Come to the Daytona Fun Park with your family and enjoy bumper boats, go-karts and a reconfigured track, batting cages, arcades, mini-golf, trampoline bungee jumper and trampoline basketball.
- Take a walking tour of the village of Francestown. Historical rooms open second Saturday of month, 10 a.m. - noon. Annual Labor Day Celebration and Parade.
- Go hiking in the Shieling Forest, located in one of the state’s most picturesque regions.
- Take your family to Canobie Lake Park, which features over 85 rides, games and attractions, as well as live entertainment.
- Go leaf peeping and see the beautiful, vibrant fall foliage!
- Check out a hockey game at the Verizon Wireless Arena! This arena also has family shows, sporting events, concerts, wrestling and more.
- Go Geocaching!
Activities in Francestown, New Hampshire
Fun family vacations mean go, go, go. Here are a few great ideas and activities to please every member of the family:
A Walking Tour of the Village of Francestown
Historical Rooms open second Sat. of month, 10 a.m. - noon. Annual Labor Day Celebration and Parade.
P.O. Box 147, Francestown, NH 03043
Peterborough Historical Society & Museum
Museum of local history and research archives, changing exhibits and special events throughout the year. Located in downtown Peterborough.
19 Grove St., Peterborough, NH 03458
Summer music festival, July and Aug. Over 30 concerts featuring world class musicians including free concerts in 17 towns throughout the Monadnock Region and ticketed concerts at the Peterborough Town House.
2A Concord St., Peterborough, NH 03458
Peterborough Garden Club
The club’s purpose is to encourage and stimulate interest in the beautification of home and public properties and to study and share information on gardening, horticulture, conservation, flower arranging and related topics.
PGC Event Coordinator, Volunteer, Peterborough, NH 03458
We are a hands-on musuem of folk culture: folk art, textiles, costumes, art, puppets, toys and instruments from around the world. We have rotating regional exhibits, programs and performances for ages 2 - 102 plus school field trips and senior programs on cultures and cultural holidays.
26 Main St., Peterborough, NH 03458
Mill Village Antiques
195 New Boston Road, Francestown, NH 03043
A marketplace of jewelry, gifts and clothing created by artisans from all over the world.
32 Grove St., Peterborough, NH 03458
Red Chair Antiques
13 School Street, Peterborough, NH 03458
South Central New Hampshire Antique Shops
80 Concord St., Peterborough, NH 03458
Miller State Park
Winding paved road leads to scenic 2,290-foot summit. Picnicking, hiking trails ascend Pack Monadnock. Operational fire tower affords panoramic view of surrounding countryside -- Mt. Monadnock, Mt. Washington, skyscrapers of Boston, Vermont hills.
Route 101E, Peterborough, NH 03458
In the heart of southwest New Hampshire, one of the state's most picturesque regions, are the tree covered ridges and valleys of Shieling Forest. Hiking trails.
395 Old Street Rd., Peterborough, NH 03458