Las Vegas Family Activities
Find Fun For Everyone in Vegas
Destination: Las Vegas, Nevada
Desert Rose Resort gives you great access to the full range of Las Vegas experiences and attractions-and serves as a great family retreat after you’ve had your fill.
- Full kitchen available
- Cribs (available upon request)
- Onsite movie rentals (pay-per-view only)
15 Las Vegas Family Activities
Head to the sumptuous buffets, restaurants, and shopping in Las Vegas. Take the plunge on the New York-New York rollercoaster or the other kind of plunge at one of the many wedding chapels. Take in a concert or belt out show tunes singing karaoke.
- Buy a souvenir or just a bag of M&M’s
- Design your own delicious burger
- Relax poolside and enjoy the gorgeous Vegas weather
- Visit your favorite celebrity in wax form
- Get rocking and rolling on the Disk'o at the Adventuredome Theme Park
- View 2,000 Dangerous and unusual aquatic animals
- Take a trip to the lowest point in the Western Hemisphere
- Drive the Las Vegas Strip at night and feast your eyes on the dazzling display of neon signs
- Walk through the visually entertaining Fremont Street Experience
- Visit the "birthplace of Las Vegas"
- Drive 17 miles west of Vegas and visit Red Rock Canyon
- Experience a simulated jet fighter's barrel roll on this thrilling rollercoaster ride
- Stroll through a recreated ancient Roman marketplace
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet at the resort
- Fast paced fun for the whole family! Race at Pole Positions off the strip by Palms Casino!
Activities in Las Vegas, Nevada
Fun family vacations mean go, go, go. Here are a few great ideas and activities to please every member of the family:
- The Adventuredome Theme Park at Circus Circus: Five acres of thrilling indoor adventure. Enjoy 25 rides and attractions. Theme Park is open daily. (702) 794-3939.
- Las Vegas Mini Grand Prix: Features rides for all ages. Four race tracks, Dragon Roller Coaster, Super Fun Slide, Dive Bomber Airplanes, and the Tornado Twister. Play the latest arcade games and eat and party in the 7000-square foot restaurant/party room with great food.
- The Stratosphere Tower: Enjoy heart-pumping rides, high atop the Stratosphere's 1,149-foot Observation Tower - the tallest in the US.
- New York, New York's Rollercoaster: What's 203 feet, drops you down 144 feet, and races at speeds of 65 mph with a simulated jet fighters barrel roll? That's right, this thrill-seeking ride at New York, New York.
- Hoover Dam: Hoover Dam is one of the greatest engineering projects ever accomplished. It is located 35 miles southeast of Las Vegas on Hwy 93. The government offers a $10 Discovery tour that includes a 25-minute historic film and brief lectures by dam experts. The Discovery Tour includes a viewing from a scenic overlook and an elevator ride 560 feet down into the dam to see the giant generators. The visitor's center is open daily, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino: View 2000 Dangerous and unusual aquatic animals from the world's tropical waters, including 100 aquatic species and 15 different species of sharks!
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas at Venetian Resort and Casino: Seize the opportunity to hug, touch and take pictures with more than 100 of your favorite stars. Located off the moving walkway between the Venetian and Las Vegas Blvd.
- Bonnie Springs Old Nevada: This 1880's mining town reproduction offers horseback riding stables, petting zoo, historic exhibits and Western shows.
- Red Rock Canyon: Take a scenic drive only 17 miles west of Las Vegas to Red Rock Canyon. Red Rock Canyon is a beautiful mountain getaway, and a short scenic drive. See Wild burros roam or take a hike through adventurous trails.
- Lied Discovery Children's Museum: The museum features hands-on exhibits in the arts, sciences, nature, music and humanities; a Traveling Exhibition Gallery; an Early Childhood Pavilion and an eight-story Science Tower in 22,000 square feet of exhibit space. The mission of Lied Discovery Children's Museum is to provide a vibrant and engaging environment, through exhibits and programs, where children and families from economically and culturally diverse backgrounds actively participate in playful learning environments!
- The Siegfried & Roy Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at The Mirage Resort and Casino: This magical garden is home to white lions, Bengal Tigers, and Atlantic bottlenose dolphins.
- Springs Preserve: Explore the colorful botanical gardens, interactive galleries and trails at the 180-acre attraction known as the "birthplace of Las Vegas." Learn about the history of the valley as well as sustainable living for the future in a fun, hands-on way.
- M&M's World: This four-story monument to chocolate features one-of-a-kind M&M's gifts and souvenirs. Also showing daily the free 3-D movie.
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory: Chocolate connoisseurs will enjoy more than 40 varieties of fresh gourmet chocolate, a self-guided tour of the factory and a visit to the beautiful Botanical Garden with over 350 species of desert plants.
- The Forum Shops at Caesars: Stroll through a recreated version an ancient Roman marketplace. Over 160 shops, including kid favorite FAO Schwartz
- Burger Bar: Kid's love designing their own hamburger! Chose from a wide selection of options including beef, buffalo and veggie, and even foie gras!
- Death Valley National Park: At 280 feet below sea level it is the lowest point in the Western Hemisphere. The Borax Museum tells you how Death Valley got its name and the features the oldest house in the area. You should also see Zabrinksi Point, Ubehebe Crater and Scotty's Castle. Death Valley is located about 145 miles west of Las Vegas. Just take US hwy 95 North to Lathrop Wells and turn at the Death Valley junction. Park fee for private vehicles is $20.00. Pass is good for seven days.
- Fountains of Bellagio: More than 1000 fountains dance and soar as high as 245 feet in front of the hotel, enhanced by music and light.
- Fremont Street Experience in Downtown Las Vegas: Located in the heart of downtown Las Vegas is a section of the historic street that started it all. Viva Vision, the biggest screen of the planted features light and sound shows nightly.
Nevada Seller of Travel 240000049
Please note: The Las Vegas Occupancy Tax rate has been increased by the State of Nevada to 12% as of July 1, 2009. All reservations confirmed prior to the new tax rate having been passed and staying on/after July 1, 2009 will be amended to the new tax rate upon arrival.