Spring skiing/riding continues to April 25 on Whistler Mountain and May 24 on Blackcomb Mountain
WHISTLER, BC, March 31, 2010 – Whistler Blackcomb has announced the decision to extend skiing and riding on Whistler Mountain by one week. Whistler Mountain’s last day of operations will be Sunday, April 25 while Blackcomb Mountain’s last day of operations will be Monday, May 24.
“With over 1,353 centimetres (533 inches) of snow so far this season and a current snow base of 363 centimetres (143 inches), this incredible season is far from over,” says Dave Brownlie, president and chief operating officer at Whistler Blackcomb. “The great snow was a key factor in deciding to keep Whistler Mountain open an additional week, but guest feedback about Whistler Mountain closing during the second week of the TELUS World Ski & Snowboard Festival played a big role in the decision as well. We listened to the feedback, then reviewed and revised the required lift maintenance schedule, allowing us to extend Whistler Mountain’s winter operations by one week.”
The last day of operations for the Creekside Gondola and the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola will remain as scheduled on Sunday, April 18 when regular lift maintenance must begin. The Whistler Mountain Bike Park will open May 15 via Fitzsimmons Express (weather permitting). Whistler Mountain, along with the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola, will reopen for summer sightseeing for the Memorial Day long weekend, starting Saturday, May 29.
Spring Skiing and Riding
- Whistler Mountain is open for skiing and riding through Sunday, April 25, 2010 via the Whistler Village Gondola.
- Blackcomb Mountain is open for skiing and riding through Monday, May 24, 2010.
PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola
- The last day of operations for the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola will be Sunday, April 18 to allow for regular lift maintenance prior to re-opening for summer sightseeing.
- The PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola will re-open for the Victoria Day long weekend, May 22 – 24, and accessible via the Wizard Express and Solar Coaster Chairs on Blackcomb Mountain.
- The PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola will re-open for daily summer sightseeing on Saturday, May 29, accessed via the Whistler Village Gondola.
- The last day of operations will be Sunday, April 18. Access to Whistler Mountain will be via the Whistler Village Gondola only from Monday, April 19 through Sunday, April 25.
Whistler Mountain Bike Park
- The Whistler Mountain Bike Park will kick off operations on Saturday, May 15 (weather permitting) via the Fitzsimmons Express.
- Whistler Mountain and the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola will be open daily for summer sightseeing starting Saturday, May 29 (Memorial Day Weekend).
- Skiing/riding will not be available on either mountain during the Memorial Day long weekend.
Summer Glacier Skiing
- The summer glacier ski season will kick off on Blackcomb Mountain, Saturday, June 19.
For guests looking to celebrate spring in Whistler with the non-stop action of the TELUS World Ski & Snowboard Festival, as well as incredible spring snow conditions, Stay and Ski packages during the Festival (April 16-25) are available starting at $83 per person, per night at www.whistlerblackcomb.com/twssf/. For up-to-the-minute information on current weather and snow conditions at Whistler Blackcomb visit whistlerblackcomb.com.
At Mountainside Lodge, located just steps away from the base of Whistler Mountain, you’ll find all the comfort, service and amenities you desire when you’re ready to balance your sense of adventure with something for your other senses. Choose from a collection of intimate studios, spacious bedrooms and lofted suites that feature full-service kitchens. Each is tastefully decorated to suit the most discriminating adventurer, with gas fireplaces and jetted hot-tubs.