SIX TIPS FOR FINDING HAWAII SUMMER VACATION DEALS
Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau.
– Affordable airline and hotel values make Hawaii a bargain for travelers –
HONOLULU — Travelers planning a summer vacation will find that Hawaii is one of the nation’s most affordable destinations this year, thanks to special savings and value-added bargains being offered by major airlines, hotels and resorts, and activities and attractions.
“Hawaii is historically one of the world’s most popular summer vacation destinations and this year is an exceptionally good time to visit with the deals and specials in the marketplace for travelers to take advantage of,” said John Monahan, president and CEO of the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB).
Because of Hawaii’s enduring popularity, summer vacation deals to Kauai, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Maui, and Hawaii’s Big Island are in abundance, which also makes it a challenge in keeping up with the latest offers and savings opportunities.
Following are six tips from HVCB as to where travelers can find the special offers to save money and add value to their Hawaii vacation experience.
• Travel Wholesalers – Numerous wholesalers are creatively packaging a variety of affordable Hawaii experiences for summer, such as All About Hawaii, American Airlines Vacations, American Express Vacations, Apple Vacations, Classic Vacations, Liberty Travel/GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, and United Vacations. For a listing of the wholesalers offering travel bargains, visit HVCB’s website — www.gohawaii.com — for more information.
• Travel Agents — Professional travel agents continue to be one of the best, most reliable resources for planning a Hawaii vacation, especially when visiting more than one island. Thousands of agents nationwide have completed HVCB’s Ke Kula O Hawaii destination specialist program, making them well versed on how best to enjoy the islands and take advantage of special deals and offers.
• Online Travel Agencies — As consumers increasingly prefer to research and book their travel online, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, and other online travel agencies are responding with an ever-growing number of special offers and packages for travel to Hawaii. These sites are offering competitive deals on Hawaii vacations for summer and helpful tools to educate travelers about the enticing offerings on each of the six major Hawaiian Islands.
• Airline, Hotel and Activity Websites — Frequent business and leisure travelers will find that their favorite airline, hotel and activity websites are increasingly offering “best rates” for customers wanting to book their own vacations. These customer-based reward programs provide great incentives for booking vacations, with some offering complimentary Internet access, reduced baggage check-in fees, and other valuable perks.
• Social Media — Blogs and social networking sites like Twitter have become great tools for finding travel deals fast. Suppliers are posting offers daily and consumers are helping each other to find the best values. For Hawaii specific deals on Twitter, use the hashtag — #hideals — for current offers.
• Newspapers and Magazines — Sunday newspaper travel sections and travel magazines continue to be useful vacation planning resources. However, with the majority of them now available online, consumers can access destination deals and news 24/7. As travel journalists are blogging their analysis and opinion throughout the week for these outlets, travelers can find the best bargains for Hawaii quicker than ever before.
For information about Hawaii and to begin planning a vacation to the Islands of Aloha, visit GoHawaii.com.
Be sure to check out our Summer Family Travel deals in Hawaii.