Effective date (date last modified) October 4, 2012
At Shell Vacations LLC, the privacy and confidentiality of user information is important. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your user information. We may update this policy from time to time, so please check here frequently.
Information We Collect
Company collects certain potentially non-public personally identifiable information ("PII") to deliver the high quality service you can expect from us. Below is more specific details about the information we collect and your options with respect to that information.
If you decide to make an online reservation at the http://www.shellhospitality.com/, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine (“Booking Engine”) provided by Sabre Hospitality Services. While it appears to be part of our site, the Booking Engine is in fact provided by a third party and is governed by its privacy practices. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen the Booking Engine Vendor carefully.
- How We Collect Such Information: In addition to information that you may specifically provide to us, during your visit(s) to the sites, we may collect information using such technologies as: cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, embedded script and similar technologies. "Cookies" are data files placed on a device used to access the Sites. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a device via a third-party plug-in (which may be built into your device or downloaded to your device). Small graphic images or other web programming code which may be invisible to you called web beacons may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used to count visitors to the Sites, to monitor how users navigate the Sites, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed, and/or for similar purposes. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Sites, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Sites, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- If you send someone else a communication from the Sites, such as sending an article to a friend or information about a job opening, we use the information you provide (typically, names and e-mail addresses) on a one-time basis to facilitate the communication and we do not use it for any other marketing purpose, unless we obtain consent from that person.
How We May Use The Information Collected
Information We May Share
We may use third party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of the Sites, such as hosting the Sites, designing and/or operating the Sites’ features, tracking Site analytics, enabling you to purchase goods and/or services and enabling us to send you e-mail newsletters or performing other administrative services. We may provide these companies with access to your information, including PII, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us.
Certain areas of the Sites may be provided to you in association with third parties and may require you to disclose personal information in order to register for and access products and/or services. Such co-branded areas will identify the third party associates. If you elect to register for products and/or services at co-branded areas you may be providing your information to both us and the third party associates. Further, if you sign-in to a co-branded area with a username and password obtained on the Sites, your PII may be disclosed to the identified third party associates for that co-branded area and will be subject to the third party associates' privacy policies.
- Business Transfer: We may share PII with our subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Sites, including, without limitation, your PII, demographic and usage information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Sites or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions: (collectively, "Promotions"). We may offer Promotions through the Sites that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the terms, conditions or official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, PII may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
- Other Business Purposes: We may disclose certain PII about you to the following types of third-parties for Company business purposes, related offers, or activities: (1) Financial service providers, such as mortgage bankers, securities broker-dealers, insurance agents and companies and credit card companies; (2) Franchisees and their affiliated and subsidiary companies; (3) Non-financial companies, such as retailers, direct marketers with whom we have joint marketing agreements, manufacturers, service companies, communications companies, travel agencies, airlines, cruise lines, rental car companies, hotels and publishers; (3) Others such as non-profit organizations. We may also disclose information we collect as described above to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have marketing or similar arrangements; and (4) Benefits Providers and third party management companies that manage resorts containing Shell Vacations Club inventory.
Information You Share Publicly
We may use and publish your name, voice or likeness, or other personal information or PII that is part (or the whole) of your UGC. We may use the UGC (including your name, voice and/or likeness) for marketing, promotional activities, publicity and advertising.
Third Party Content and Links
Third Party Advertisements and/or Analytics:
- You may opt-out of receiving information from SVC either by clicking the "opt-out" link on specific communications or by contacting us directly at:
; by regular mail at Shell Vacations Club, Customer Care Department, 600 W. Chicago Ave., Suite 690, Chicago, IL 60654; or by facsimile at (312) 229-1471.
- We employ industry standards and technologies, including without limitation SSL and HTTPS encryption technologies, in an effort to protect your PII and other personal information you may share, However, since no transmissions over the internet or through other content/information sharing devices (such as a smart phone or a tablet) can be absolutely secured. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT WE CAN GUARANTY THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU TRANSMIT TO US AND YOU USE THE SITES AND PROVIDE SUCH INFORMATION SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. In the event of a data or security breach in which your PII may be compromised, we make commercial reasonable efforts to notify you and/or the requisite governmental or other regulatory agency promptly and as required by law.
Children Under the Age of 13:
- The sites are intended for a general audience over the age of 18 (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, whichever is higher). We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and we will delete any PII collected that we determine to be of a child less than 13 years of age.
Your Ability to Review your PII and Request Changes
Changes to Your PII and to Your Preferences:
Please make sure that any requests you make for corrections to your PII clearly states the error and correction so that we can readily identify and modify it. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections.
If You are Outside of the United States
- The Sites are located in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that the information we collect will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States. As data protection and privacy laws vary in different countries and you should be aware of your own country's laws regarding Privacy may differ from the United States. You consent to have your information processed, stored and transferred to the United States. You understand that your PII may be transferred to our affiliates outside the United States and will be subject to the country's privacy laws in which they are located. You expressly consent to such transfer and storage of information by your use of the Sites.